giovedì 5 luglio 2012

Who is the person behind the photos?

A florida girl.

How did you discover photography and what makes you keep on doing it? 
My mom gave me her old Minolta a few summers ago and from then on I sort of realized how much potential photography can have for enhancing every day life experiences.
Itend to obsessively record any moment or experience that holds some meaning for me. photography is a way of doing that, along with creative writing. when I can't photograph something, i write it down. I like to describe things and try to keep the details alive. It's like that saying of wishing you could preserve a certain feeling in a glass jar.
But photography is different than writing because although it is also very fulfilling, it's a different strand of documentation, it's more of an art.
I use film as a way of not only documenting what I am privelaged to see, but also as a way to capture images that I want to see, photographed from ephemeral situations I create for myself.

In your opinion, what are the characteristics of a photographer, and what differentiates it from a good photo taker? 
Well I think everyone has their own shooting style, there are many different ways to approach a good photo opportunity.
But I think the more you are out there photographing, the better you become and the ability to keep pressing on and to learn from your mistakes is essential, as well as the ability to take advice, read, and experiment.
Just don't stop shooting, and be discreet but not shy.
Do you remember what was your first photo taken? 
I don't remember my first photo, butI remember my first roll on the Minolta was of my beautiful french friend dancing around in a scarf near some railroad tracks. Very cliche, the pictures weren't so great, but I really loved something about the chemistry between model and photographer, and all I wanted to do from then on was keep shooting more portraits.

Describe your perfect day
The perfect days are spontaneous and seem to come out of nowhere, and usually can never be replicated again. They usually involve meeting new friends, doing something a little out of my comfort zone, or being outside at some point in some beautiful locale. A perfect day inspires me.


Is there anything you couldn’t live without? 
My camera!


What do you expect from your photographic future? 
Haha, I don't expect a lot. I just want to stay inspired and productive.

Thanks to: Kelsea Kosko

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento